How you appear to others directly impacts the first impression you give and helps to establish credibility. To present the best image and make the most of a first impression, you should:
- Dress appropriately for the situation. This will positively affect your attitude.
- Keep desk and interview rooms orderly and ready for visitors at all times.
- Dispose of trash and keep clutter in personal area to a minimum.
- Take pride in your workspace and organize area to promote efficient work.
- Smile and project a positive and open countenance. This improves attitude and fosters better relationships.