Case Transfers: What to Do When Case Record is in Another County/Office

If a county office receives a request for benefits / services or any change request on an existing case in which the receiving county is not the county of record, there is no need to request a case transfer from the previous resident county.

The receiving county would teleprocess the case to a worker in their county that would handle the request. This rule would also apply, even if there was a delinquent or due review / application pending. The only instance where the previous county would need to be contacted is if an overpayment needed to be written on a previous action.

Lastly, the county will retain the case even in the event the client reports a change of address. When the client contacts another office, for an application/review/change, that office would teleprocess the case into their county/district/region to handle the request/action.*

*It is important that the County of Residence and County of Service fields are correct.

Comments or Suggestions?

We want Quest to be your source for important information that you need to succeed at in your work but we need your help:

Was this article helpful? Was it missing something you needed to get the job done?

Tell us what you think, what you know about this article. What are we doing well, and what we could do better.

All fields are required.