The following are guidelines for all Staff and Supervisors who administer the Child Care Subsidy
- 1. Effective April 1, 2020, all blended rate authorizations have been changed to a weekly rate.
- On the evening of March 26 an overall was run which changed all blended rates, both 23A and 23B, to weekly (5W) rates. No action is required of you for cases that were open prior to that date. However, for all new applications or renewals processed after March 26, you will have to code a weekly (5W) rate for those children that would normally be approved for a blended rate. In order for these cases to be tracked, you will need to document this in a case note and send an email to email@example.com listing the case number and children involved.
UPDATE: Due to the various COVID-19 school district plans, all school age children (who normally qualify for the blended rate) will continue to be approved with a weekly rate through May 2022. To assist providers financially, part time delays will be reimbursed at the full time rate for this population.
- 2. Effective immediately, care may be approved at one star centers without completing the exception process.
- The edit in the system has been removed. You do not need to email the state office for approval.
- 3. Individuals who work from home.
- This is a reminder that individuals who work from home are eligible to receive child care subsidies. There is no change in this policy due to Covid-19.
- 4. Students impacted by Covid-19.
- High school and college students attending classes for the fall 2020 through the spring 2022 semester:
High school students
High school students attending in-person, online or virtual classes are categorically eligible for the weekly (W5) rate. They may use full time care M-F. After the pandemic is over and things return to normal, online self-paced coursework for high school students will not be allowed.
Full-time college students enrolled in at least 12 hours of coursework, including online self-paced, virtual or in-person courses, are categorically eligible for a weekly (W5) rate. They may use full time care M-F regardless of class days/times. After the pandemic is over and things return to normal, online self-paced coursework for college students will not be allowed. Part-time college students enrolled in less than 12 hours of coursework are categorically eligible for 3 full time days per week (F14).
Reminder: You must obtain a copy of the class enrollment/schedule showing the degree program.
- 5. Additional payment to providers.
- Providers will receive an additional $5 per day per child beginning April and lasting through May 2022 to help with lost income due to Covid-19. The child must be in attendance in order for the provider to receive the additional payment.
- 6. All child care renewals coming due in April, May and June were extended for 6 months.
- 7. Copayments will be waived for families who receive subsidies beginning April 2020 and lasting through May 2022.
- 8. Providers will no longer be allowed to charge place holding fees to families who receive subsidies effective immediately.
- Place holding fees were allowed March 23 – April 15.
- 9. 3 Month Job Search
- Beginning October 1, 2021, 3 months of subsidized child care will be available to those who are searching for a job. The job loss does not have to be related to the Covid-19 pandemic. 3 month job search approvals will replace our current 60 day job search initiative. There is no income eligibility requirement for this program; all families who apply and meet the criteria outlined for the 3 Month Job Search are eligible. Refer to article Child Care Subsidy: 3 Month Job Search.
All eligible families will be approved with the weekly rate and may use as much care as they need to find a job during the 3 month period. Families will have to choose a facility licensed and contracted with OKDHS to receive subsidy payments. Please review article Child Care Subsidy: 3 Month Job Search Coding Examples for guidance on how to approve these applications in the system.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.