Qualified Medicare Beneficiary Plus (QMBP)
- Program to provide SoonerCare services to people considered aged, blind or disabled who have too much income to be eligible for the SSP.
- Can pay Medicare Part A and Part B premiums/fees for those who have them – commonly known as buy-in.
- For a new certification, medical benefit can start up to three months prior to the date of application, if all factors of eligibility are met. Buy-in starts the month after the month in which eligibility is determined.
- Example:Person applied May 1. Worker gets all the needed verifications to determine eligibility on June 1. Buy-In starts July 1.
- Exception: If certifying person for SSP and QMB, QMB benefit can start the same month as the SSP
For any individual that is determined eligible for long-term care, refer to policy 317:35-15-1.