Self Care / Wellness: Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

What is the DHS Employee Assistance Program?

EAP helps employees find solutions to:

  • Parenting/family concerns;
  • Emotional stress;
  • Alcohol and drug problems;
  • Job-related issues;
  • Financial (30 minute sessions); or
  • Legal (30 minute sessions).

Representatives are available to assist employees, associates and managers who may be concerned about someone, but are unsure how to help.

Who provides EAP services?

EMPAC provides EAP services for DHS employees and household family members. All representatives are experienced professionals in counseling, financial or legal problems. They have specialized training in handling personal, family and career matters. Each representative is selected not only for their expertise, but also for their qualities of understanding, sensitivity and compassion.

Are there any costs to me for EAP services?

No. EAP services are paid soley by DHS.

Is counseling really confidential?

Yes. If you choose to use the counseling service, no one will know unless you tell them. Information is released only with your permission, or in situations in which problems are life-threatening or disclosure is required by law.

How do I contact EAP?

The service is available by phone and in person. For assistance, call
1-800-234-0630, and follow the prompts.

If you have questions about accessing EAP services, you may contact:

  • Laree Reidenbaugh at (405) 522-6005, or
  • Mark Balthrop (405) 522-8591 in Human Resource Management.
    • Was this article helpful?

Comments or Suggestions?

We want Quest to be your source for important information that you need to succeed at in your work but we need your help:

Was this article helpful? Was it missing something you needed to get the job done?

Tell us what you think, what you know about this article. What are we doing well, and what we could do better.

All fields are required.