Who is responsible to?
- Assist clients with LIHEAP questions – AFS County Staff and Centralized LIHEAP Staff whoever has the client on the phone (First Contact Resolution).
- Assist clients with online proxy for LIHEAP – AFS County Staff and Centralized LIHEAP Staff whoever has the client on the phone (First Contact Resolution).
- Determine eligibility for LIHEAP applications – Centralized LIHEAP Staff.
- Request LIHEAP verification from the client – Centralized LIHEAP Staff.
- Contact the utility vendor to determine the account status – Centralized LIHEAP Staff.
- Contact the utility vendor to make a pledge on the clients account – Centralized LIHEAP Staff.
- Contact the utility vendor to make a pledge on the clients account for Life Threatening LIHEAP – LIHEAP Program Staff.
- Initiate the LIHEAP refund process – LIHEAP Program Staff.
- Complete the LIHEAP hearing documents – LIHEAP Program Staff.
What do I do to assist the client?
AFS County Staff
- Answer the client’s questions about general program requirements and verification.
- When the client needs to apply, check to see if there is a valid application in DiscImage. If there is no application, explain how the client may apply. You may proxy (submit an online application) for the client.
- When serving as a proxy for an energy assistance application, record general case information for a Random Moment Time Study. When serving as a proxy for energy assistance and another benefit, record the action taken on the other benefit.
- Check and explain the status of an application or a preauthorization. You must review case notes and case records (Imaging, DiscImage, 105cq, 105eq, or 105hq screens, the NL screen, and the NI screen) before providing a client with the LIVE contact information.
- Route any imaged applications or verification to 90L.
- Explain the household may provide the account information verbally or submit verification to correct an incorrect authorization.
- Explain what verification the LIHEAP staff is requesting from the household. Review the Case Notes or the imaged Client Contact and Information Request (Form 08AD092E or ADM-92)
- Review the 105cq, 105hq, and 105eq screens to answer client questions.
- Report when a household needs a correction to a preauthorization or authorization to the LIHEAP
- Make referrals and explain the life-threatening energy crisis when appropriate.
- Refer households who want to apply for the life-threatening energy crisis program to the LIHEAP unit and provide the LIVE phone number (405-522-5050).
- Only provide the clients the LIVE phone number (405-522-5050) when you cannot answer the question based on case records.
Support Staff or CARS Responsibilities
- Non-worker staff may proxy an online application for the household. When the client needs to apply, check to see if there is a valid application in DiscImage before submitting a new one.
- Explain what verification the LIHEAP staff is requesting from the household. Review the case notes or the imaged Client Contact and Information Request (Form 08AD092E or ADM-92)
- Route any imaged applications or verification to 90L.
When do I contact the LIHEAP2 mail box?
- Report incorrect account number or utility vendor include in the subject line the client name and case number, email the correct provider name and account number or image the utility bill to the 90L inbox. Do NOT do both.
- If the wrong utility vendor or account number was paid and the error is discovered at a later time, please report the correct information immediately to LIHEAP2@okdhs.org so we can notify the utility provider. Notify the client that the refund process is a lengthy, time consuming process and they will need to make arrangements with the utility provider. If there is a need for refund, LIHEAP program staff will initiate the refund request from the utility provider.
- If you receive information that the client applied for or received Tribal LIHEAP and the LIHEAP application that has not yet been processed, you will need to inform the Tribe that DHS will deny the application so they can serve the household. In this situation, you will need to send an email to LIHEAP2@okdhs.org so appropriate action can be taken.
- When the household says it has a life-threatening energy crisis, email LIHEAP2@okdhs.org with “life-threatening referral” in the subject line, include the client’s contact information, case number and name in the email, image any verification the household provides to 90L.
- Hearings: When the county staff receives a LIHEAP hearing request send an email to the LIHEAP2 mailbox put in the subject line “hearing request” with the client name and case number with the following client information in the body of the email:
- Case number
- Email address
- Telephone number
- LIHEAP decision the client is requesting a hearing on
- Verification: Do NOT sent verification to the LIHEAP2 email box, we can NOT forward any attachments to LIHEAP processing center due to virus and security breach protocol. See “Where does the client send LIHEAP verification” below.
Where does the client send LIHEAP verification?
- If the LIHEAP verification is sent to the AFS County staff, upload it to 90L workflow.
- LIHEAP verification can be uploaded to the case file at okdhslive.org and click on FAST PASS Verification Upload button so it can be indexed to the case record.
Customers must log into their account into order to upload.
Each page and document must be uploaded separately. Multiple pages will only show the first page scanned.
Shadows on the document that appear between the light source and document may result in dark areas and not be legible.
- Send the documents to the local County office. Local County staff will upload the document to your case record.
- The LIHEAP2 email box cannot forward any attachments to the centralized LIHEAP processing center due to virus and security breach
- LIHEAP verification can be faxed to OKDHSLive at 405-325-7155