The following are examples of how to close child care. When child care is closing for all children in care; it must be closed in the Child Care Tab (Section E). Do not make any changes to the Auth Daycare Tab for this type of closure. When closing child care for an individual child when other children still need care, use the Auth Daycare Tab to close the individual authorization. See below for steps to take for both closure types.
Refer to article Child Care Subsidy: Closure of Child Care Benefits for examples on both reasons for child care closure, and also on which date to take the child care close action.
Note: If the household also receives SNAP; be sure to link the EBT card prior to closing the child care case.
Child Care Tab
If the child care case as a whole is being closed, you would take your action on the Child Care Tab.
On the Child Care Tab in Eligibility Notebook in FACS:
- Action Taken – CLOSED(6)
- Reason For Denial or Closure – CHOOSE APPROPRIATE REASON
- Effective Date – the actual date the authorizations must close (does not have to be the first of the month.
There may be times in which you would only need to close certain authorizations, while keeping the child care case open for other household members that need child care benefits.
Auth. Daycare Tab
On the Auth. Daycare Tab in Eligibility Notebook, select the authorization being closed update the following:
- Action Taken: CLOSE
- Reason: Enter reason authorization is being closed
- End Date: Must be current or a future date. If the last day care is received at this facility is a current or future date, enter this date. Otherwise enter today’s date.
- Notice Indicator: ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED FOR CLOSURE
- SAVE the CASE.