The following are instructions on reopening child care benefits.
- Open the “Household Tab (Interview Notebook)
- Benefit Type = Social Services
- Status = appropriate status for all household members
- Effective Date = Date in which Child Care is being re-opened
- Open the “Child Care” tab (Eligibility Notebook)
- Action Taken: REOPENED (R)
- Effective Date: Update the ‘Effective Date’ to the first day for which child care is being reopened. (This date should be the day after the closure date unless it’s a 36S closure which will reopen to the beginning of the next month).
Note: When Child Care is being reopened because it was closed for reason 36S, the worker will also need to update the Date of Last Review (E7).
- Open the “Auth Daycare” tab (Eligibility Notebook). Select the authorization and update only the following fields:
- Action Taken = “Re-open”
- Reason Code = Appropriate Reason
- Notice Indicator = Re-open Approval
- SAVE THE CASE and SEND CASE TO SUPERVISOR.