Child Care Subsidy: When to Make OIG Referrals

If you determine or suspect that a worker, client, provider, or a member of the general public is committing fraud, you must report this to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). Also, if you suspect that there is illegal drug or trafficking in a contracted child care facility, you must contact OIG.

  • DHS employees may email OIG.REFERRAL MANAGEMENT UNIT to report client, vendor, or employee fraud.
  • DHS employees may also submit an OIG-1 form with supporting documentation
    • Via inter-agency mail: the routing slip should be addressed ATTN: OIG-OKC Office
    • Via Fax to (405) 522-4642
  • Members of the public may email or call (800) 784-5887 or 405-522-5880 for the OKC Metro to report client, vendor, or employee fraud.

When completing the e-mail referral or completing the OIG-1 form, be sure to include all available information about the complaint as well as the contract number for the child care provider. If possible, it is helpful to get a written statement from the person making the complaint. Scan the document and attach this to the e-mail or form as documentation. If the complainant will not write a statement, attempt to obtain their contact information. OIG will do everything possible to keep the name of the complainant confidential.

Was this article helpful?

Comments or Suggestions?

We want Quest to be your source for important information that you need to succeed at in your work but we need your help:

Was this article helpful? Was it missing something you needed to get the job done?

Tell us what you think, what you know about this article. What are we doing well, and what we could do better.

All fields are required.