Substance Abuse Policy Changes

Policy changes outlined concerning Substance Misuse

UpdatedOK SNAP Works Referral Process

Referral Process for OK SNAP Works

UpdatedOK SNAP Works & ABAWD

Explanation of OK SNAP Works and Process with ABAWD Requirements

Life-Threatening Energy Crisis

340:20-1-17(h) Energy Crisis Assistance Program (ECAP) No Application/ Year Round OKDHS does not require an application for this program. Energy crisis assistance for households with a life-threatening (LT) medical situation energy crisis is accepted year round. Referral Link Referrals for LT are submitted by accessing the life threatening referral form.  There are two medical categories, […]

Employment and Training Referral Survey

Link to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment and Training Referral

ELIGIBILITY – Child Support Referrals

A child support referral is completed on all TANF applications when deprivation is based on the absence of one or both parents. Child only cases with an ineligible parent as payee require that child support forms be completed. Examples are alien, fleeing felon, tested positive for substance abuse or receives SSI.

Disqualifications and Monetary Penalties

An important part of the claim establishment process is determining who is at fault. A claim is either the result of a DHS or household error. A household error claim may occur unintentionally through an honest mistake, or intentionally through misrepresentation of facts or fraud. SNAP and TANF household errors with fraudulent intent are called […]

Disability Advocacy Program (DAP)

Disability Advocacy Program (DAP) – a program available to assist a TANF Work participant or a child receiving TANF with a Social Security Administration pending disability claim.  Policy regarding this program is located at: TANF: 340:10-2-2. Sanction process; 340:10-2-8. Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Work support services; and 340:10-3-56. Household composition

When to Make OIG Referrals

If you determine or suspect that a worker, client, provider, or a member of the general public is committing fraud, you must report this to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). Also, if you suspect that there is illegal drug or trafficking in a contracted child care facility, you must contact OIG. DHS employees […]