Check the EKL screen to view a list of child care authorizations (open, unfinished, and closed) for the case number entered.
To view this screen:
- Login to IMS
- Clear the screen
- Type EKL (space) and the case number
- Press ‘Enter’
- K1 – Authorization Number
- DC numbers are daycare authorizations
- K4 – Person Number
- Shows which child receives services
- K12 – Action Taken
- N=No errors
- K40 – Provider Number
- Shows the daycare facility’s contract number
- K45/K56 – Begin Date/Change Date
- When daycare services began or changed
- K47 – Ending Date
- When daycare services ended*
A 99/99/99 end date means this is an ongoing authorization
*Note: Closure actions taken after the 27th of the month must have an end date of the 1st of the next month.
To view more detail about a specific authorization on the EKL screen, type EK beside the authorization you want to see and press enter.