County Staff may approve child care through the presumptive eligibility process for up to 30 calendar days.
- Application Source – Select appropriate choice
- Action Taken – Open
- Request Date – Date client contacts Agency and requests services
- Certification Date – Date eligibility for child care was determined
- Effective Date – Date action is to take effect
- Date of Last Review – Enter date that eligibility was last determined
- Effective Months – 99
- Number of Children Receiving Child Care – Enter number of children who are attending child care
- Person Name – Select child to receive child care
- Contract Number – Contract number of child care facility
- Action Taken: Open
- Reason: PREVENTION OF OR PROTECTION FROM ABUSE, NEGLECT AND/OR EXPLOITATION
- Begin/Change Date – Date eligibility for child care was determined
- Notice Indicator – APPLICATION APPROVAL
Once the authorization has cleared, the worker needs to code the end date in a second action so that the authorization will not over-issue.
On the Child Care tab in Eligibility Notebook:
- Action Taken – CLOSED(6)
- Reason for Denial or Closure – PLAN OF SERVICE COMPLETED (81)
- Effective Date – Enter date 30 days from the certification date.
**Note: If an open child care authorization is needed for a child to continue receiving SSI-DCP services, you would use another process for closing protective/preventive child care. Only the authorization on the Auth. Child Care Tab would be closed 30 days from the child care certification date.**
If protective/preventive is needed beyond 30 days, an email must be sent by the worker to Sequoyah building staff, AFS, Child Care Subsidy Unit.
Refer to article 10/01/16 Policy Changes – Protective/Preventive Child Care for instructions on completing memo to request additional care.